For Dec. 13 only, United Airlines frequent flyers with a cobranded United credit card can save up to 35% off flights from the U.S. to two cities in Australia and two in New Zealand, starting at 35,000 United MileagePlus miles one-way.
Though this deal is exclusively advertised for United cardholders, non-cardholders can book this deal for select routes starting at 42,200 miles one-way.
Routes: From the mainland U.S. to Australia and New Zealand
How to book: Book directly through the airline
Travel dates: Jan. 22, 2024, through April 30, 2024
Book by: Dec. 13, 2023
Blackout dates: N/A
Award availability is for travel Sunday through Saturday for economy fare types from various U.S. destinations to Sydney Airport (SYD), Melbourne Airport (MEL), Auckland Airport (AKL) and Christchurch Airport (CHC).
The following flights were priced as listed at the time of publication. We cannot guarantee the below round-trip flights will be available when you book.
As mentioned, there is also availability to book this deal for 55,000 miles each way for non-cardholders, such as this round-trip flight in January from Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) to SYD.
The total price for this round-trip flight is 110,000 miles plus $109.40 in taxes and fees.
Remember, this deal is for United economy fares, which include one checked bag and one carry-on item. MileagePlus bookings can be canceled or changed without charge ahead of departure.
Maximize your purchase
If you book this deal, use a credit card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: 2 points per dollar spent on travel
- American Express® Gold Card: 3 points per dollar spent on airfare when booked directly through the airline or American Express Travel
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5 points per dollar spent on airfare when booked directly through the airline or American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 of these purchases per calendar year, then 1 point per dollar)
- Citi Premier® Card (see rates and fees): 3 points per dollar spent on airfare
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: 3 points per dollar spent on airfare
- United Explorer Card: 2 miles per dollar spent on United purchases
- United Club Infinite Card: 4 miles per dollar spent on United purchases